Wednesday 24 September 2014

Anger as iPhone 6 users Discover Gadgets Bent In Their Pockets


 View image on Twitter

Those who dashed out to get an iPhone 6 last week might want to take extra care following reports of them bending.

The problem, dubbed ‘#bendgate’ on Twitter, has been identified by some users who left their new Apple smartphones in their pockets for extended periods of time.

The flaw is believed to be due to the gadget’s aluminium alloy frame as well as it being a thinner than usual model. It has so far only been seen in the iPhone 6+ – a larger version of the iPhone 6.
The phone, which launched on Friday, is on sale for £619 in the UK.

One user described his phone being bent after putting it in his pocket during a day dancing, eating and driving.

‘Yesterday, I left at 10am with the iPhone in my left FRONT pocket of my suit pants. I drove 4 hours to a wedding, which also involved a lot of sitting during dinner etc but also 2-3 hours of dancing. I left at 2am and went to bed, driving home 4 hours back. ‘ Hanzoh told MacBook rumours.

‘So in total, the 6 Plus was about 18 hours in my pocket while sitting mostly.

 ‘As I lay it on the coffee table and sat down on the couch to relax from the drive, I saw the reflection of the window in the iPhones slightly distorted. Now I lay it flat with the display side on the table, take a look.’

This isn’t the first time the iPhone has been accused of being bendy nor is the issue unique to Apple, according to Mashable . Culled




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions on any part of this blog/stories are not that of Olusegun Akinleye but strictly that of the readers/visitors.

For complaints, advert placements and tip-offs, contact me:
Email: mypenspeaks@gmail.com