Sunday 14 September 2014

Changing Faces Of Nuhu Ribadu



On April 9th 2014, a former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, a card carrying member and one time presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu said on his official Facebook page “I felt personally insulted by rumours making the rounds in this space over my alleged intention to dump my party, the All Progressives Congress (APC). 
There is no iota of truth in that malicious falsehood being peddled by persons who do not wish me and my great party any good.  I am a committed member of APC and I have no reason to lose confidence in the party. For the past seven days, I have been in my state of Adamawa helping to see to the smooth conduct of ward congresses and other coming elections.  I urge all my friends here to disregard that rumour as what it is; cheap blackmail from mischievous persons.”
Four months later, on August 18, he (Mallam Nuhu Ribadu) went to the same Facebook page after his defection and said “I know how difficult it may be for you to come to terms with my defection to another party. But I must assure you that it's a carefully considered decision for which I do not wish to hurt anyone's feeling. I'll not embark on a needless animosity with my good friends; irrespective of political, religious, regional and ethnic affiliations…My defection shouldn't be seen as an initiation of political antagonism with my good friends in another party. I still hold them in high esteem, and even where there are marked differences, I believe there are decorous and honourable ways of resolving them. So, kindly disregard any statement said to be by me attacking the personality of any politician since my defection. I'll never allow myself to be drawn into such disrespectful exchange.”

I think it would be good if Mallam Nuhu Ribadu could offer an apology to the ‘mischievous people who do not wish him well’ who had already predicted his defection.

MY THOUGHT...

1 comment:

  1. Like I keep saying, all these politicians should not be trusted. One minute they are in party A, the next minute, party Q. They are all rogues

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions on any part of this blog/stories are not that of Olusegun Akinleye but strictly that of the readers/visitors.

For complaints, advert placements and tip-offs, contact me:
Email: mypenspeaks@gmail.com