Tuesday, 23 September 2014

CHIBOK UPDATE: NIgerian Army Retracts Statement, Says Missing Girls Still In Captivity



Nigeria's military has retracted its statement that some of the schoolgirls abducted from Chibok town in April by Islamist militants had been freed.

Army spokesman Brig Gen Chris Olukolade told the BBC there were girls in military custody, but not those from Chibok as originally thought.

But less than 30 minutes after confirming the release, Mr. Olukolade has withdrawn his earlier statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions on any part of this blog/stories are not that of Olusegun Akinleye but strictly that of the readers/visitors.

For complaints, advert placements and tip-offs, contact me:
Email: mypenspeaks@gmail.com
Phone number: 08116267698