Monday, 20 October 2014

Drug addict mother mistakenly kills daughter with methadone

Two-year-old Sophie Jones died after digesting the heroin substitute 
A two-year-old girl died after drinking her drug addict parents' methadone which was kept in Tom and Jerry cups and Fruit Shoot bottles, a court has heard, Daily Mail online reports.

Sophie Jones was found covered in vomit by paramedics at her parents’ home in Blackpool in March after digesting the heroin-substitute. 

She was rushed to hospital but pronounced dead less than an hour later after digesting the lethal substance, Preston Crown Court heard.

Her parents Michelle King, 29, who was also allegedly selling the substance, admitted manslaughter.
Her partner, 41-year-old Barry Jones, denies the offence and is standing trial.

The court was told King, a known heroin addict, began selling her prescribed dosage of methadone instead of taking it herself, storing the lethal substance in children's cups and Fruit Shoot bottles.

She would use the money to buy other drugs including cocaine, traces of which were found on the toddler's dummy during tests following her death. 

Prosecuting Jeremy Grout-Smith said: 'Both parents have been users of heroin and crack cocaine for some years and were habitually taking these drugs at the time of Sophie's death.

'Michelle King was prescribed methadone, which is heroin replacement.

'Sophie died from drinking the methadone, which she drank from a child's plastic drinking cup.
'She died because of the carelessness and neglect of her parents




1 comment:

  1. May her soul rest in peace. The parent shld get punish

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions on any part of this blog/stories are not that of Olusegun Akinleye but strictly that of the readers/visitors.

For complaints, advert placements and tip-offs, contact me:
Email: mypenspeaks@gmail.com
Phone number: 08116267698