Monday 11 August 2014

Indonesian Girl Missing After 2004 Tsunami Reunites With Family



An Indonesian girl, Raudhatul Jannah, has been reunited with her family after being swept away by the 2004 tsunami. The girl was spotted on the street by a relative who recognized her after a decade.

Ten years later, Raudhatul's family has learned that she was saved by a fisherman who found her on a remote island southwest of her home and handed her over to his own mother to be raised. 

"God has given us a miracle," Raudhatul's mother told AFP. 

The girl, who is now 14, was spotted walking on the street by her own uncle, who noticed the resemblance. After asking a few questions about the girl, it became clear that she was the missing daughter of his sister. 

"My husband and I are very happy," Raudhatul's mother, Jamaliah, said. "I am so grateful to God for reuniting us with our child after 10 years of being separated."
Raudhatul's parents came to see her for the first time in June. "My heart beat so fast when I saw her. I hugged her and she hugged me back and felt so comfortable in my arms," she added. 

On Wednesday, the girl returned to her family’s home.

5 comments:

  1. Wow.. God is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If na naija, na ritual things oo. Loool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ode. TF is that?

      Delete
    2. Sharrap. naija never worse reach that level. goat

      Delete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions on any part of this blog/stories are not that of Olusegun Akinleye but strictly that of the readers/visitors.

For complaints, advert placements and tip-offs, contact me:
Email: mypenspeaks@gmail.com