Wednesday, 15 October 2014

NOT AGAIN! Fire Guts Building In Unilag


Part of YEMYEM on fire

The New Shopping Complex populary known as YEMYEM inside the University of Lagos, was torched by fire in the early hours of today (12:30am) making it the fourth fire outbreak the school is experiencing in a semester.

But for the timely intervention of the male students of Shodeide and Enijoku hostel, the story would have been different as they were the ones along with hostel porters who initially contained the fire before the Yaba College of Technology Fire Service got to the scene.
According to a student of Microbiology, Ababio, ‘there must be something else to the fire incidents happen in the school’.

He said “ Fire cannot just start on its own, there must be a source and if all should continue like this, I will put the blame at the door step of the school management, due to the school power supply. Recently, hostels like Jaja and Honours have been complaining about the erratic power supply of the school”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions on any part of this blog/stories are not that of Olusegun Akinleye but strictly that of the readers/visitors.

For complaints, advert placements and tip-offs, contact me:
Email: mypenspeaks@gmail.com